Kenneth Ford is a retired physicist who, for fifty years, pursued flying as an avocation (and for practical ends). By his count, he has flown 55 different models of aircraft, some with one engine, some with none; carried nearly 700 different people as passengers; and landed in more than 450 different places, from New York La Guardia and Chicago O’Hare to dirt strips and a few pastures in the west.
Some of his published books:
- The Quantum World: Quantum Physics for Everyone (Harvard University Press, 2004)
- In Love With Flying (H Bar Press, 2007)
- 101 Quantum Questions: What You Need to Know About the World You Can’t See (Harvard University Press, 2011)
- Building the H Bomb: A Personal History (World Scientific, 2015)
- Basic Physics (World Scientific, 2017 — A reissue of Dr. Ford’s classic text from 1968. For information on the Basic Physics Answer Manual, click here.)